[Spacewalk-list] Installing GPG Keys

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 09:43:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 08:52:46PM -0400, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Just a quick question ..  I have my channels set up with the URL,
> 	ID,  and fingerprint of the associated GPG key.  I thought this meant that
> yum would ask to install the appropriate GPG key if it wasn't already
> present, but this doesn't seem to be the case.  How do I go about
> setting up spacewalk/yum to handle this?

http://www.mail-archive.com/spacewalk-list@redhat.com/msg02881.html

might explain your issue.

Personally I just ship all relevant keys in a package which imports
them as part of its postinstall. This is a hangover from pre-Spacewalk
days really but it works for me.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662