[Spacewalk-list] PXE SystemID is not deleted after kickstart

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 13:34:07 UTC 2009

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> even after an successful Kickstart process, the SystemID file is not
> deleted from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/, causing an installation-rerun on
> every boot of the affected machine.
>
> Best Regards
> Marcus

So I think the step you are missing is to enable pxe_just_once in
/etc/cobbler/settings and then restart cobbler.

With this enabled, a simple wget is appended to the end of the kickstart
which will trigger on the server to set that system to localboot within
the pxe configuration.  This should solve your issue.

This is detailed in the provisioning whitepaper for Satellite 5.3
located here:

http://www.redhat.com/pdf/Provisioning_HowTo.pdf

-Justin

Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603
Red Hat, Inc.