[Spacewalk-list] Install/remove packages - Fatal error in Python code occured [[6]]

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 18:59:11 UTC 2009

Eduardo Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Spacewalk 0.6 on a CentOS 5.3 server and 2 CentOS 5.3 client
> machines.
> Whenever I try to install/remove packages from my clients, I always
> receive the error
> "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]] "
>

> If I click on the action details I recieve this information:
>
> This action will be executed after 09/ 4/09 2:28:17 PM EEST.
>
> This action's status is: Failed.
> The client picked up this action on 09/ 4/09 4:32:59 PM EEST.
> The client completed this action on 09/ 4/09 4:33:02 PM EEST.
> Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]]"
> (code -1)
> Packages to be removed:
>
>     * bind-libs-9.3.4-10.P1.el5:30
>     * bind-9.3.4-10.P1.el5:30
>     * bind-utils-9.3.4-10.P1.el5:30
>

> I made more tests/searches today and I found this on logs of one server:
> http://pastebin.com/m7c4000ec
> At the end of the log I found
> "yum.Errors.RepoError: failed to retrieve repodata/primary.xml.gz from
> centos5.3-base-i386
> error was [Errno -3] Error performing checksum"
>
> On the other test server I also found this:
> Sep  8 17:30:24 scora : error getting update info: failed to retrieve
> repodata/primary.xml.gz from centos5.3-base-i386 error was [Errno -3]
> Error performing checksum
> (both test servers are CentOS 5.3)
>
> I created the channels using the web interface and synced the repos
> using spacewal-sync-repo script
> http://pastebin.com/m669f6a5d
>
> Maybe there's a problem with my channels? Did I forgot anything?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It sounds like 'sha256' was selected when you created the channel,
resulting in the channel's repo being created with sha256 checksumming.
  This will only work on Fedora 11 unless you have the python-hashlib
package installed.   You have a couple options:

1.  Install python-hashlib on all your clients
2.  Change the checksum type to 'sha1' within the 'channel' -> manage
software channels -> CHANNEL NAME  page.  Then you'll need to wait a bit
for the repodata to be regenerated.

Hope that helps,

-Justin

Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603
Red Hat, Inc.