[Spacewalk-list] Java NullPointerExceptions after 0.6 update?

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Sep 10 15:12:26 UTC 2009

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Alexandros Soumplis wrote:
>
>> Well, here are the results...
>>

>> ORG_ID TASK_NAME
>> ----------
>>  TASK_DATA   PRIORITY EARLIEST
>> ---------- ---------- ------------------
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                     0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>          1 repo_sync                    0 08-SEP-09
>>
>> 7 rows selected.
>>

>> Any indication of error ?
>
> repo_sync was also the first entry in the table when I had this problem
> (although there were other things after it).

So I did a little investigation of this the last week.  For some reason
the reposync task entries are being created sometimes without an orgId.
 I haven't figured out why yet, and this shouldn't actually create as
big of an issue if it were not for the ErrataQueueTask.

The ErrataQueue task was reading everything from the rhnTaskQueue table
regardless of if it was an errata task or not.  If it turned out to be
an errata task it would do the corresponding operation and then
regardless would remove the task from the queue.

I fixed that issue in master in this commit:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spacewalk.git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commit;h=d658b53c2bac8b44b7e061faf35b74090ff30c06

So it will show up in 0.7 unless we rebuild 0.6 packages.

Still need to figure out why the reposync tasks were getting created
with a null orgId though.

-Justin

> jh

Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603
Red Hat, Inc.