[Spacewalk-list] error in the docu..

Lukas.Matecki at lvr.de Lukas.Matecki at lvr.de
Mon Sep 14 14:42:26 UTC 2009

Hallo all together !

There is a error in the documentation.

On x86_64 systems the sqlplus client is named sqlplus64 (RHEL 5) !

If someone have for example the x86_64 libs installed and the sqlplus + sqlplus64 installed he will get errors while trying to launch sqlplus, cause of missing libs (x386).

Also some needed steps for the x86_64 sqlplus aren't described in the HowTo.

One step I can remember is to set the home Path of Oracle:

"We need to put the Oracle clients on the default path and configure the ORACLE_HOME environment variable: "

  ln -s /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh /etc/profile.d/oracle_env.sh

  . /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh

This is well documented under:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/PackageManagement/Spacewalk#head-a3fb371d3baa89d6356e2e6ca0b4f73f93009638

Maybe someone with modify privileges can change that few points in the documentation at:

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

&

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

Thx