[Spacewalk-list] Startup error on new install

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 29 12:18:36 UTC 2009

On 09/28/2009 04:20 PM, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> It does appear to be listening though, telnet to localhost port 8009 I
> get a connection, but do a:  GET / and it just closes the connection.
>
> I'm surprised it would do this as a default setup though, odd.  When I
> looked at /etc/tomcat5/*xml all of the definitions are for port=8009
> or localhost:8009 so I don't see where it explicitly says IPV6, so I
> don't think it's ONLY an ipv6 connection since it is listening on that
> port, it just looks like that error in tomcat has something broken,
> but I have no idea what an Acquistition is in Tomcat (know little to
> nothing about tomcat).
>
> Dan

Hello,

All my tomcat AJP ports are 8009 here.

But does:
$ telnet 127.0.0.1 8009
work?  localhost can be resolved to both IPv6 and v4 forms.  If you want
to verify what it's connecting to, use tcpdump or strace:
$ strace -e trace=network telnet localhost 8009
Or just:
$ getent hosts localhost
Or:
$ host localhost