[Spacewalk-list] Package update issue - 0.8 - CentOS 5 Client

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 12:20:53 UTC 2010

Tom Brown wrote:
% Hi
%
% This might be a little long but this is my scenario - I have a CentOS
% updates channel which follows the updates as they come from CentOS, this is
% currently tracking 5.4. I have a client that was installed as CentOS 5.3 and
% is subscribed to this updates channel. I can see updates outstanding for it
% but when i try to apply those updates although it appears that they were
% applied, from a spacewalk POV, in reality nothing happens but no errors are
% logged from what i can see.
%
% If i install a client as 5.4 then this seems to not happen. The issue is
% that i have some 5.3 boxes that need bringing up to date with spacewalk.
%
% Any thoughts? This is a debug output trimmed down slightly
%
% # rhn_check -vv
% D: check_action {'action': "<?xml
% version='1.0'?>\n<methodCall>\n<methodName>packages.update
% Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, rhnplugin
% 917 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

^^^
Which other repos do you have enabled?
Could you switch priorities plugin off?
What happens if you disable everything except spacewalk repos?

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat