[Spacewalk-list] bootstrap.sh, centos 4, hashlib....

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 12:26:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 12:09:47PM +0200, andre at vandervlies.xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hi,
> I've recentely started with spacewalk and I'm slowly rolling...
> I've registered some clients the 'hard way' just to get acquainted with
> the system.
> Trying the 'bootstrap.sh' script I stumbled over:
>     "ImportError: No module named spacewalk.common.fileutils"
>
> This list (and other sources) told me I was missing some stuff which I
> installed:
>      "yum install rhn-setup yum-rhnplugin python-dmidecode \
>           spacewalk-backend-libs python-crypto"
> However, the third time I decided to have a look at
> 'client_config_update.py'...
>
> Suprised I observed the line:
>     "from spacewalk.common.fileutils import cleanupAbsPath, make_temp_file"
>
> So, all this trouble for 'just' two functions???
>
> I copied them from 'spacewalk.common.fileutils' (three actually, see att.)
> and the script performs nicely....

Andre,

I have now replaced those functions with their tempfile and os.path
counterparts. So once spacewalk-certs-tools-0.9.2-1 hits the nightly
repo, this dependency will no longer be needed.

Thank you for bringing this into our attention.

> also on Centos 4...
> osad won't start because of a missing 'python-hashlib' (not for Centos 4,
> python-2.4). So I installed it from source
> (http://code.krypto.org/python/hashlib/).

I don't think we've ever released osad for CentOS 4. On RHEL 4, the
package is in RHN Tools channel.

Hope this helps,

--
Jan Pazdziora