[Spacewalk-list] change host name

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 20:30:29 UTC 2010

You might want to read the documentation or search the mailing list archives
before asking questions here.  There was a thread about just this very issue
yesterday, and this subject comes up often.  When I had to rename my
Satellite server six months ago I googled this topic and found a really nice
HOWTO on the Spacewalk site.  I suggest you do the same.

I'm sorry Rob, but you ask a lot of questions and most of them are vague and
bereft of details.  I suggest that you help the community by helping
yourself:  read the documentation, search the mailing lists, and if your
questions are not answered by doing that, THEN post something to do the list
with much more detail than you've been providing.

Sorry for the "RTFM" reply, but I've been lurking on this list for the last
eight months and I've seen you provide very little signal and a whole lot of
noise.

Jeffrey.

P.S.  This is not "spacewalk support".  Spacewalk is an unsupported
application - if you want support I suggest you buy Satellite.  This is the
mailing list where users can get questions answered, report bugs, provide
patches, and share tips.  Folks here don't mind helping someone out in need,
but there's an expectation that the person needing help do some basic
troubleshooting on their own.