[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.0 released

Kennedy, Ryan rkennedy at PAML.com
Thu Apr 29 21:13:10 UTC 2010

Hey, right on! Thanks.

One question... is migrating 0.6 --> 0.7 --> 0.8 --> 1.0 recommended?  Has anyone actually tried it?

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Shannon Hughes
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:43 PM
To: spacewalk-devel at redhat.com; spacewalk-list at redhat.com; spacewalk-announce-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.0 released

Hello Spacewalkers,

Spacewalk 1.0 has been released!

Server:

     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0/RHEL/5/<arch>/
     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0/Fedora/11/<arch>/
     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0/Fedora/12/<arch>/

Client:

     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0-client/RHEL/5/<arch>/
     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0-client/Fedora/11/<arch>/
     * http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.0-client/Fedora/12/<arch>/

Make sure to read over the installation again:

     * http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

If you are upgrading from older release, please checkout:

     * http://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade

Features & Enhancements

     * RHN Client code improvements. Now using python-ugdev and dropped
HAL.
     * Spacewalk Hostname Rename script for re-configuration of
Spacewalk server, in case its hostname or IP has changed
     * Many ApiAdditions as well as improvements to existing API calls.
     * RHN Proxy now uses mod_wsgi
     * Tomcat 6 for Fedora 12
     * Delete Systems script
     * Many bugfixes and general code clean up to support 1.0 release

Known issues

     * Provider GPG key is sometimes not recognized and packages shows
up as
       unknown Provider.
     * PostgreSQL support still does not work. We will need help with
moving
       this forward.
     * Documentation search does not work, other searches are unaffected.

Community

We greatly appreciate the contributions the community has made to this
release. Thank you very much.

     * Colin Coe
     * James Hogarth
     * Jason Lawer