[Spacewalk-list] registerd system

Jonathan Scott lists at xistenz.org
Thu Apr 29 22:19:04 UTC 2010

I'm not sure if this applies in your situation, but I just finished doing an
0.6 -> 0.7 -> 0.8 upgrade (just in time for 1.0 to release) and found two
issues with my kickstarts and packages needed for them:

1) The packages in the appropriate client directory from
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/ had to be available in a software channel
for my builds or the rhn* packages wouldn't install.
2 ) In order for the rhn_register kickstart snippet to work, I had to make
sure the python-dmidecode package (from the EPEL repository) was also
available in a software channel so the rhnreg_ks script would execute
properly.

Once I resolved those package dependencies, everything worked perfectly.

Good Luck!

- Jonathan