[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart Snippets in Post Scripts

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 05:18:22 UTC 2010

I maybe misunderstanding but in a kickstart the only place you can put
scripts (and snippets are effectively just pieces of a script) is in
either the pre or post sections.

The syntax is $SNIPPET('snippet_name_here') and make sure that your
snippet starts with '#raw' and ends with '#end raw'.

A good information source is
https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/wiki/KickstartTemplating.

CC

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 12:22 PM, David Rock <david at graniteweb.com> wrote:
> I was looking at using some kickstart snippets to organize some of my
> post scripting.  I made a few, and then referenced them in a post
> script, but they appear to not have run.  The satellite documentation
> says to use them in the kickstart profile, but I don't see anywhere
> other than a pre or post sript that I _can_ use them.
>
> Looking deeper into the cobbler documentation, the implication is that
> snippets can be used only in kickstart templates, but I don't see
> anywhere in the satellite interface to set up templates.
>
> So, is there special syntax to use a snippet in a post script, or is it
> not possible to use them that way?  If not, how/where DO you use them?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> David Rock
> david at graniteweb.com