[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart Snippets in Post Scripts (solved)

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Tue Aug 10 18:30:58 UTC 2010

Well, a little addendum to my tirade about documentation:

I believe that templating of the entire ks file _is_ possible through
the Satellite Web GUI, it's just not obvious that you are using
templates.  Where it gets odd, is the majority of your profiles you
create are probably "wizard" profiles (mine are).  It appears that if
you use "raw" profiles, that essentially gives you an empty kickstart
template to work with (see section 5.6 of the deployment guide).

I should probably point out that nowhere in that section does it use the
word "template" to describe the raw style kickstart profiles, even
though that is what you are actually using.

So, to be fair, you CAN template a complete kickstart with working
snippets and the like via the GUI (but you lose the "benefits" of the
wizard style kickstart).  Again, the documentation is a total fail in
making this obvious, but at least it's possible. :-(

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com