[Spacewalk-list] Packages "missing" during Kickstart that aren't...

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 06:01:36 UTC 2010

> So I check my channels and found that I have two packages of the same name
> with different md5sum's.  One in my weekly-sync'd base channel, and another
> in the nightly updates channel.

Out of curiosity why do you sync your base channel weekly?

My understanding of current practice was that once the release has
come (DVD/CD/etc) of a given Red Hat or CentOS point release *those*
files are frozen and the relevant 'base' thus wouldn't have
updates.... the updates repository is the purpose of that...

James