[Spacewalk-list] problem starting cobbler

Jason Welsh jason at monsterjam.org
Tue Aug 24 17:17:56 UTC 2010

 feel free to yell at me if this isnt covered under spacewalk, but were
trying to get spacewalk working with a RHEL
tree and also a centos tree.. we are currently testing it, nothing in
production. but im trying to follow the instructions at
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToKickstartCobbler
to create kickstart distros/profiles.. I have imported the 2 trees and
for whatever reason now, Im having problems with cobbler..

[root at redhouse ~]# /etc/init.d/cobblerd start
Starting cobbler daemon: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cobblerd", line 76, in main
    api = cobbler_api.BootAPI(is_cobblerd=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 127, in
__init__
    self.deserialize()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 688, in
deserialize
    return self._config.deserialize()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/config.py", line 206,
in deserialize
    serializer.deserialize(self._distros)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/serializer.py", line
122, in deserialize
    rc = storage_module.deserialize(obj,topological)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/modules/serializer_catalog.py", line
189, in deserialize
    obj.from_datastruct(datastruct)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/collection.py", line
152, in from_datastruct
    self.add(item)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/collection.py", line
233, in add
    ref.check_if_valid()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/cobbler/item_distro.py", line
235, in check_if_valid
    raise CX("Error with distro %s - kernel not found" % (self.name))
CX: 'Error with distro CEL-55xen:1:SpacewalkDefaultOrganization - kernel
not found'
                                                           [  OK  ]
[root at redhouse ~]#

ive searched google and cant find any help there. can I fix this or just
wipe it out and start over?

thanks/regards,
Jason