[Spacewalk-list] Child channel subscriptions of migrated KVM nodes

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:36:03 UTC 2010

2010/8/25 Benedetto Vassallo <vassallo at unipa.it>:

> Def. Quota James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com>:
>
>> I was the one who tweaked my DB - if you want the info I can post it
>> (it is simple data changes to one table) and it is pretty easy to
>> script with virsh/sqlplus/spacecmd all available....
>>
>> james
>
> Please I want to know how tweak the DB.
> If you want you can send it on my e-mail address.
> Thank you.

You need some way to interact with the Oracle database - either
SQLPlus or via the web interface at http://youroracleserver:9000/apex

The table that you need to alter is RHNVIRTUALINSTANCE

You should carry out a rhn-profile-sync on the virtual host before
modifiying/viewing this.

Host System ID is the spacewalk ID of your virtual host servers -
lookup the correct one from your systems page.
Virtual System ID and UUID are the two entries you are interested in.
Check the UUID for the guest that is not mapped correctly:
virsh domuuid <guestname>
You then need to edit (or in SQL terms UPDATE) the matching record in
the RHNVIRTUALINSTANCE table.
At this point the relevant UUID should have '-' for the Virtual System
ID if that guest is not recognised as fully virtualised yet.
Verify that the Host System ID matches the server you expect.
Change the '-' to the Spacewalk System ID of the guest system.
Check your guest now in Spacewalk and it should show as fully
virtualised and on the virtualisation tab of the host should have a
clickable link showing your guest.

Not too tricky and knowing the above (if you have a lot of systems)
you should be able to script fairly easily to create a list of UUIDs
versus Spacewalk System IDs to create an appropriate SQL statement...

The above info is supplied without warranty and YMMV ... all I can say
is worked for me on 50 odd guests over 8 hosts ;)

James