[Spacewalk-list] possible to use spacewalk to kickstart RHEL distro?

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 23:11:53 UTC 2010

Hi Jason

Yes, this is possible and has been discussed on the list a few times.

I generally base my Spacewalk RHEL channels on the RHN channels

name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64) = Enterprise
Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)
label: rhel-x86_64-server-5 = el-x86_64-server-5

As for using a single monolithic RHEL channel versus how RedHat do it,
well, that's up to you.  My take on this is it's easier to maintain
subscription compliance by keeping the content the same as upstream
(RHN).

JMTC

CC

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Jason Welsh <jason at monsterjam.org> wrote:
>  hey list,
>
> im trying to get RHEL 5.5 into spacewalk, and Im not sure how they are
> supposed to go into the channels.. i.e .for
> Cluster  ClusterStorage  images  isolinux  Server  VT
> should they all be separate base channels? or should the VT, Cluster,
> CLusterStorage be under the Server channel?
>

> regards,
> Jason

RHCE#805007969328369