[Spacewalk-list] Disconnect between yum update and spacewalk UI

Tarun Reddy treddy at rallydev.com
Tue Aug 31 18:25:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Tarun Reddy <treddy at rallydev.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:03 AM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Tarun Reddy <treddy at rallydev.com> wrote:
>> > So I've found the "trick" of cleaning out the repodata on the spacewalk
>> > server, but now when I do a yum update, I get 33 packages, where the
>> > Spacewalk UI only show 19? Do I need to remove and reregister my system?
>> > Thank you in advance,
>> > Tarun
>> >

>> Does the spacewalk server show 19 errata or 19 packages?
>>

> Shows 19 packages, 0 errata.

Sorry for the nasty HTML in the last email.

In any case, so I started up a new system, registered it with spacewalk, and
had the same package install discrepancy.

65 updates available via yum, 47 via spacewalk.

So I did the yum update. Now I have no updates in yum, but 1 still in
spacewalk. And I did a yum clean all in between each.

Sigh... not sure where to look now.

Tarun