[Spacewalk-list] configchannel.createOrUpdatePath fails with fault 1023

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 21:56:53 UTC 2010

Michael Gliwinski wrote:
% Hello all,
%
% Has anybody experienced problems with `configchannel.createOrUpdatePath` API
% call?
% I'm running Spacewalk 1.1 here and the first call works OK, i.e. it creates
% the file in the channel, but subsequent calls to update it fail with:
%
% Fault: <Fault 1023: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Following errors were
% encountered when creating the config file.\nERRORS:\nPlease specify a valid
% revision number.\n'>

I can't reproduce it on spacewalk nightly.

% I'm using Python XML-RPC if that matters.  In API docs I don't see this method
% taking any revision number parameters, I also verified this with
% `api.getApiNamespaceCallList`.

My simple python test was:
import xmlrpclib
import time

client   = xmlrpclib.Server("http://localhost/rpc/api", verbose=1)
key      = client.auth.login("admin", "admin")

client.configchannel.createOrUpdatePath(key, 'configch', '/tmp/test', False,
  {"contents" : time.strftime("%s"), "owner" : "root", "group" : "root",
   "permissions" : "0644", "selinux_ctx" : "", "macro-start-delimiter" : "{:",
   "macro-end-delimiter" : ":}", "revision" : "" })

As for revision apidoc (https://your_spacewalk/rhn/apidoc/handlers/ConfigChannelHandler.jsp#createOrUpdatePath) says:
  int "revision" - next revision number, auto increment for null

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat