[Spacewalk-list] [rhn-satellite-users] is there no equivalent of "root"in satellite

Aaron Prayther aprayther at LCE.com
Thu Dec 9 19:03:16 UTC 2010

So spacewalk-reports is cool.  like it. is there any chance of it
running on a remote machine to the actual satellite?

Thanks so much for any info.  These lists are always so helpful.

Aaron Prayther

-----Original Message-----
From: rhn-satellite-users-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:rhn-satellite-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Cliff Perry
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 9:34 AM
To: Marco Shaw
Cc: rhn-satellite-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [rhn-satellite-users] is there no equivalent of "root"in
satellite

Marco Shaw wrote:
> I only have a single org so I can't tell you for sure, but you may
> want to write to spacewalk-list at redhat.com as the spacecmd
> developer(s) are likely more active there.
>
> Marco
>
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Aaron Prayther <aprayther at lce.com>
wrote:
>> I was hoping as a satellite administrator that I would be able to
>> generate reports, using spacecmd for instance, about all registered
>> systems.  Not just the ones in my organization.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how a single account can get info on all systems
>> configured on a satellite server?
>>
>> Aaron Prayther
>>
>> --

This is what the spacewalk-reports feature - released in Satellite 5.3
and enhanced further with more reports in 5.4 was aimed to provide -
which is satellite-wide reports of various data.

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html/Ins
tallation_Guide/ch-troubleshooting.html#s1-spacewalk-report

We are always hoping to get feedback on additional reports which would
be useful to our customers. I know a lot use our APIs - but they are
restricted to data within a given Org for each username used.

Cliff