[Spacewalk-list] xmlrpc/java error while deleting packages in a software channels using API or spacecmd

Marco Giunta giunta at sissa.it
Tue Dec 14 10:38:48 UTC 2010

Hi at all,
after 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade I'm not able anymore to delete packages in a
software channels using a python scripts or 'spacecmd'. Same python
scripts worked well till upgrade.
I'm using API 'channel.software .removePackages' or 'spacecmd' command
'softwarechannel_removepackages'.

In both case, error is quite the same; in case of API usage is

xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled
internal exception: Could not set null value for parameter: pid'>

and in case of 'spacecmd':

Fault: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled internal
exception: Could not set null value for parameter: reason'>

Same error appears in log files '/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out' or in
'/var/log/rhn/rhn_web_api.log'.

Using API, package is not deleted, while using 'spacecmd' package is
deleted but it returns an error.

Does anybody else have same problems ??

Regards,
   Marco