[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart PXE boot problem using Spacewalk

Scott Rakow srr.list at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:27:23 UTC 2010

When trying to do a load over the network, the system does not seem to be
able to find the kickstart file. The install can't find the file and asks to
modify the parameter, or go to the interactive installation. When trying to
find the kickstart file with the path that is given
(/cblr/svc/op/ks/profile/centOS-5-i385:1:SpacewalkDefaultOrganization), I
can't as it looks to be created on the fly by what I am guessing is Cheetah.

My Spacewalk server is currently spanning two networks (198/eth0 and
172/eth1) while the server I am trying to load is only on the 172 net. Is
there a way to specify to the system to be loaded where to search for the
kickstart file or am I going to have to use (i hope) the *cobbler system add
* to specify the ip and mac for it to find the file?

Thanks

Scott