[Spacewalk-list] Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Wed Dec 22 23:36:48 UTC 2010

> Check its log file for errors:
> /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log

Hi

I am facing a similar problem on a 1.0 install that is using proxies.
On _one_ of my proxies my RHEL 6 clients are reporting

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for
repository: rhel-6-x86_64-01122010. Please verify its path and try
again

However on clients behind other proxies they work fine, all my clients
are behind proxies, so i think this is related to that proxy somehow
but other channels work fine this only seems to effect rhel6 channels
on this one proxy.

Has anyone got any more clues as to what might cause this as
suggestions in other threads dont seem to be the case here. No errors
in any ssl_request or ssl_error logs and no taskomatic errors,
although as the same channels work fine fro other proxies i did not
expect to find anything there.

thanks