[Spacewalk-list] 0.7 upgrade to nightly

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Feb 2 10:02:45 UTC 2010

Marcus Moeller wrote:
% Hi all,
%
% I have upgrade my 0.7 to nightly and ran into problems during shema upgrade:

Hi Marcus,

nightly is latest development and experimental stuff and although we do
our best regarding upgrades we frankly don't support them (to nightly),
installation should always work.

Of course we do support upgrades from one released version to another so
the main upgrade polishing comes regularly just before release :).

% CREATE TABLE rhnChecksumType
%              *
% ERROR at line 1:
% ORA-00955: name is already used by an existing object
%
% which leads to the following error during spacewalk-repo-sync:
%
% SQLStatementPrepareError: ('ORA-00942: table or view does not
% exist\n', 942, 'select p.id from rhnPackage p, rhnChecksumView c where
% p.org_id = :org_id and p.checksum_id = c.id and c.checksum = :checksum
% and c.checksum_type = :checksumtype')

So you probably ended up with partialy upgraded schema :(.

If you have a backup of your 0.7 schema:
 - restore it
 - rename sql sql.bak /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-0.7-to-spacewalk-schema-0.8/004-*
 - and try to rerun schema upgrade again
otherwise:
 - rename sql sql.bak /etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/spacewalk-schema-0.7-to-spacewalk-schema-0.8/00[0-4]-*
 - and try to rerun schema upgrade again

This might fix it for you.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat