[Spacewalk-list] change root password for all machines in a group

Edwind Richzendy Contreras Soto richzendy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 16:51:32 UTC 2010

2010/2/4 Michiel van Es <michiele at info.nl>:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the root password on all machines in a group?
> We want to change the root password for al lot of systems, we thought
> perhaps is spacewalk of some use (since you can install packages, reboot the
> machines)
>
> Is such an option possible through spacewalk?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Michiel

if it generates a new file / etc / passwd and charges through the area
concerning configuration files (perhaps your user role does not allow
you to do this) and only select group of systems the option to work
with group and send him to send the configuration file to all
computers SSM.

Another option is through a small script using sed-i editing the file
/ etc / passwd directly on each machine together (SSM).