[Spacewalk-list] Database connections in spacewalk

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 20:33:38 UTC 2010

Mitchell Broome wrote:
% Guys,
%
% I'm running into a problem with spacewalk throwing a 503 every so often.  I
% tracked down one of the possible reasons being spacewalk might need more
% than the default 40 database connections per
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup.  So I have found
% where you tune oracle to allow more connections but I haven't found where
% you tell spacewalk it's self to use more.  Where do you configure the
% connection pools for the assorted applications that make up spacewalk?
%
% I'm using Spacewalk 0.7 on CentOS 5.3 (64bit).  I'm talking to a remote
% Oracle 10 instance that can currently support 200 connections but spacewalk
% is typically running in the 30s for connections.

AFAIK java pool is driven by

hibernate.c3p0.max_size

(default is /etc/rhn/default/rhn_hibernate.conf: hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20).
Put your custom value to /etc/rhn/rhn.conf rather than modifying files
under /etc/rhn/default/.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat