[Spacewalk-list] strange behavior in SSM trying upgrade software with i386 and x86_64 rpms

Marco Giunta giunta at sissa.it
Thu Feb 18 13:46:04 UTC 2010

Hi at all,
in my spacewalk 0.7 installation, I've a mirror of EPEL x86_64
repository. If I select 1 or more CentOS 5.4 x86_64 workstations in SSM,
and try to upgrade a software with x86_64 and i386 rpms, for example fftw3:

fftw3-3.2.2-3.el5       x86_64
fftw3-3.2.2-3.el5     i386
fftw3-devel-3.2.2-3.el5     i386
fftw3-devel-3.2.2-3.el5     x86_64

when I press the button 'Upgrade Selected Packages', SSM want to upgrade
only 1 i386 and 1 x86_64 rpms:

fftw3-3.2.2-3.el5-i386
fftw3-devel-3.2.2-3.el5-x86_64

while, if I try to upgrade the same workstation, but not in SSM,
spacewalk upgrades all 4 rpms.

Another strange thing, is the number of 'Software Updates Available
Packages', shows in the System Status page of the workstation; even if
the number of packages are 2, in 'Software -> Packages -> Upgrade' page
the packages are 4:

fftw3-3.2.2-3.el5       x86_64
fftw3-3.2.2-3.el5     i386
fftw3-devel-3.2.2-3.el5     i386
fftw3-devel-3.2.2-3.el5     x86_64

Unfortunately, I don't have any other software to upgrade, so I don't
know if the problem is related to SSM or to fftw3 rpms ...

Any clue ???

Regards,
    Marco