[Spacewalk-list] dependency error in spacewalk-client repository

Marco Giunta giunta at sissa.it
Tue Feb 23 15:28:05 UTC 2010

Hi at all,

I'm using bootstrap.sh to register CentOS 5.x client to my spacewalk
server; in the 0.8 release, I've some dependencies errors on packages
needed to use that script.

To use bootstrap.sh script on client, I need:

- fileutils python module
(/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/common/fileutils.py),
provides by spacewalk-backend-libs-0.8.45-1.el5, but the packages is
missed on spacewalk-client repository; also
spacewalk-certs-tools-0.8.7-1.el5.noarch.rpm (present in
spacewalk-client repository) depends on spacewalk-backend-libs

- checksum python module
(/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/common/checksum.py), needed
by fileutils python module, provides by spacewalk-backend-libs, depends
on hashlib or Crypto python module ( respectively present in
python-hashlib or in python-crypto EPEL/RPMForge repository)

Regards,
    Marco Giunta