[Spacewalk-list] ORA-12952 during 0.7 to 0.8 upgrade

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:02:03 UTC 2010

Hi all

While running 'spacewalk-schema-upgrade' to upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8 it
got errors stating 'ORA-12952: The request exceeds the maximum allowed
database size of 4 GB'

In the Oracle Web UI, Home>Administration>Storage shows:
---
Space Allocated: 	 5,110 MB
Available: 	10 MB
Physical Limit: 	5,120 MB
Percent Used: 	100%
---

I only have a handful of nodes registered and the only software
channels are RHEL 5 and RHEL 4 ES plus EPEL for both.

In the Oracle Web UI, I tried compacting storage
(Home>Administration>Storage>Compact Storage) but no additional space
becomes available.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

CC