[Spacewalk-list] ORA-12952 during 0.7 to 0.8 upgrade

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:10:01 UTC 2010

Hi Brian and thanks for the response.

I just running Oracle XE here without RMAN.

Looks like I'm screwed as my client definitely won't be getting an
Oracle license nor will they move to Satellite.

Anyone know how the postgres port is coming along?  Looks like the
status page hasn't been updated for quite a while.
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/PathToPostgreSql?action=diff&version=50

Thanks

CC

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Brian Kosick <Brian_Kosick at mcafee.com> wrote:
> I'm forgetting the exact details, but I've run into this before, the it's hitting the flash size limit.   You can follow (google for it) howto's to increase the flash size limit, but that only puts off the error.   The thing that I've found works best are the following steps...
>
> su - oracle
>

> -bash-3.2$ rman nocatalog target /
>

> RMAN> crosscheck archivelog all;
> <output>
>
> RMAN> delete expired archivelog all;
> <output>
>
> RMAN> quit;
>
> Answer yes at the prompt or use "noprompt": delete noprompt expired archivelog all;
> restart spacewalk: /usr/sbin/rhn-satellite restart
>

> Everything should be back up and running.
>
> this marks expired logs to be marked, then deleted.   Freeing up the flash space.
>
> I put it in a script and cron'd it.
>

> On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 09:02 +0800, Colin Coe wrote:
>

> Hi all
>
> While running 'spacewalk-schema-upgrade' to upgrade from 0.7 to 0.8 it
> got errors stating 'ORA-12952: The request exceeds the maximum allowed
> database size of 4 GB'
>
> In the Oracle Web UI, Home>Administration>Storage shows:
> ---
> Space Allocated:         5,110 MB
> Available:      10 MB
> Physical Limit:         5,120 MB
> Percent Used:   100%
> ---
>
> I only have a handful of nodes registered and the only software
> channels are RHEL 5 and RHEL 4 ES plus EPEL for both.
>
> In the Oracle Web UI, I tried compacting storage
> (Home>Administration>Storage>Compact Storage) but no additional space
> becomes available.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> CC