[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk features

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 09:38:13 UTC 2010

On 02/25/2010 10:00 AM, Vishal Patil wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to know, can Spacewalk be used for installing patches on
> Solaris and SuSE servers We ae currently using ZLM ( Zenworks Linux
> Management) for RHEL and SuSe servers we are planning to phase out ZLM
> from our environment  and evaluate  Spacewalk and later go with RHN
> satellite server in our Environment
>
> does any one have experience about installing patches on SuSE and
> Solaris Server using Spacewalk

Solaris should work without problem.

SuSe - hmm. I'm trying to build client tools for suse in my spare time.
It is built for OpenSuse11.0, and SLE10:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/xsuchy/openSUSE_11.0/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/xsuchy/SLE_10/

I however have some problems building those packages for SLE11 and
openSUSE 11.2 and higher. The failing is merely fail to comply some suse
test, like:
rhn-client-tools: "/etc/sysconfig/rhn" is not allowed anymore in SuSE Linux.
So if you build those packages yourself, it should be painless.

I create those build, but I did not have test it on some real suse
system yet. But I do not expect any big problem.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering