[Spacewalk-list] moving spacewalk clients from the one to another spacewalk server

Jason Ball jason at ball.net
Wed Jan 6 22:25:57 UTC 2010

Another option is to:

1. Go into spacewalk and generate a reactivation key for the system to be
moved.

2. run 'rhnreg_ks --server=<proxy> --activationkey=<reactivationkey>

Nice, simple, works ;)

J.

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Justin Sherrill <jsherril at redhat.com> wrote:

> Michiel van Es wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a spacewalk server A where all my CentOS 5 clients are connected
> > to (rhnsd and osad) but I want to migrate them to spacewalk server B.
> > How do I switch those clients to spacewalk server B?
> > Do I have to do the following:
> >
> > 1) rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://"spacewalkserverB"/XMLRPC
> > --activationkey="$ACTKEY"
> > 2) cd /usr/share/rhn/
> > wget -q http://"spacewalkserverB"/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
> > mv RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT RHNS-CA-CERT
> > 3) restart rhnsd and osad= service rhnsd restart && service osad restart
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Michiel

> Yep, that seems like a fairly sane migration strategy to me.
>
> -Justin
>
> --
> Justin Sherrill, RHCA          1801 Varsity Drive.
> Software Engineer                Raleigh, NC 27603
> Red Hat, Inc.

The era of procrastination, of half measures of soothing and baffling
expedients, of delays, is coming to an end. In it's place we are entering a
period of  consequences.  - Winston Churchill
Inconvenient Truth</a>