[Spacewalk-list] Setting hostname via kickstart.

Rob Becker robert_becker at stercomm.com
Mon Jan 11 14:14:08 UTC 2010

I'm working on moving my existing kickstart process to SpaceWalk and I'm
running into show stopper.  I want to be able to set the hostname of the
server at the PXE config and have that hostname registered to
Spacewalk.

I have tried a pre-script that reads in a 'hostname' variable from the
PXE commandline and then runs 'hostname $hostname'.  I have also tried a
post script that does something quite similar.

No matter what I do, when the redhat_register snippet is run the
hostname is not set.  The servers keep showing up as "Unknown".  How is
everyone else automating the installation and registering of servers?

Also, where can I go to change the order of the built in snippets?  Is
there a default template for the kickstart some place?

Thanks.
-Rob