[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk WebUI not showing available updates

Arnar Gunnarsson addi at hugsmidjan.is
Wed Jan 13 18:07:45 UTC 2010

I'm experiencing problems with Spacewalk.

I'm running spacewalk-repo-sync to sync the centos4 and centos5 base and
update channels from mirrors and can verify that new packages are pushed
to Spacewalk.

The problem is that when I visit the "System Overview" page on the
Spacewalk WebUI there are no new updates available to the servers
although spacewalk-repo-sync has just finished pushing some packages to
the Spacewalk server.

If I delete a server that reports that there are no new packages
available and then re-add again the packages suddenly become available.

Later I found out that I don't have to remove and re-add systems in
order for them to see the new packages, it is enough to alter the
channel subscription for any particular server and uncheck the "CentOS X
Updates - i386" channel, click the "Change Subscriptions" button.
Then I check the "CentOS X Updates - i386" again and click the "Change
Subscription" button.
Now I can see new available packages for that server.

If I run either up2date -u or yum -y update (varies between CentOS-4 and
CentOS-5 & yum uses the yum-rhn-plugin) on the servers that reported no
new available packages through the WebUI they do indeed find the new
packages and install the updates.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on here?

With best regards,
--
Arnar 'Addi' Gunnarsson     | System Administrator
http://addi.org/GPG-KEY.asc | RHCE · MCSA

Hugsmidjan ehf · Snorrabraut 56 · 105 Reykjavík · IS