[Spacewalk-list] db-control failed

Thomas von Steiger thomas.vonsteiger at bluewin.ch
Wed Jan 13 21:09:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

If i use db-control as user oracle i get this error message with spacewalk 0.7 with spacewalk-dobby 0.7.8-1 :

-bash-3.2$ db-control help
"my" variable $username masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RHN/DB.pm line 190.
"my" variable $password masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RHN/DB.pm line 190.
Available commands:
       backup     - Backup the RHN Oracle Instance
       examine    - Display information about an RHN Oracle Instance backup
       extend     - Increase the RHN Oracle Instance tablespace
       gather-stats - Gather statistics on RHN Oracle database objects
       help       - Display command summary
       report     - Show database space report
       report-stats - Show tables with stale or empty statistics
       restore    - Restore the RHN Oracle Instance from backup
       shrink-segments - Shrink RHN Oracle database segments
       start      - Start the RHN Oracle Instance
       status     - Show database status
       stop       - Stop the RHN Oracle Instance
       tablesizes - Show space report for each table
       verify     - Verify an RHN Oracle Instance backup

-bash-3.2$ db-control status
"my" variable $username masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RHN/DB.pm line 190.
"my" variable $password masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RHN/DB.pm line 190.
Unknown error code -1 ERROR OCIEnvNlsCreate. Check ORACLE_HOME (Linux) env var  or PATH (Windows) and or NLS settings, permissions, etc. at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Dobby/CLI/MiscCommands.pm line 86

-bash-3.2$ set|grep ora
HISTFILE=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/.bash_history
HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/lib:
LOGNAME=oracle
MAIL=/var/spool/mail/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
PATH=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
PWD=/usr/lib/oracle/xe
USER=oracle

Has anybody see the same problem ?

Thomas