[Spacewalk-list] Wrong IP for a registered system

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Jan 18 12:32:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:12:02PM -0500, Benoit Lefebvre wrote:
> No it's not the case, the IP is the IP of a private subnet between 2
> machines instead of the public IP Address.

Isn't by any chance the IP address of eth1 matching the IP address for
the system hostname?

In other words, I assume that what you see as the hostname and the IP
address is what you get as a result of

	python -c 'from socket import gethostname, gethostbyname; \
		print gethostname(); print gethostbyname(gethostname());'

Is that the case?

--
Jan Pazdziora