[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 0.7 Upgrade Warning (was: Spacewalk 0.7 rhnsd not running rhn_check)

Lee Verberne verb at pontiflex.com
Fri Jan 22 23:17:39 UTC 2010

On 01/22/10 12:51:07, Joshua Roys wrote:

> Ahh, I see.  See if this patch fixes it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your quick response.  I think there should also be a
regfree(re_systemIdPath) prior to the return from parse_systemid_path().  Other
than that your patch looks good and resolves my issue.

It's starting to sound like to me -- and please let me know if anyone disagrees
-- that Spacewalk 0.7 shipped a version of rhnsd that will not work under any
circumstance.  If users require the functionality provided by rhnsd (i.e.
periodic, unattended runs of rhn_check) they should avoid upgrading their
clients to Spacewalk 0.7 until this issue is fixed.

Spacewalk 0.7 server + 0.6 clients have been working for me without issue.

Thanks,
-lee