[Spacewalk-list] Yum/Cache, problems yumming latest nightly build, primary.sqlite.bz2 missing reference to latest build

Bushby, Bruce (London)(c) bbushby at maninvestments.com
Wed Jan 27 16:53:36 UTC 2010

Hi

I've noticed some issues when I try and install the latest nightly
build. I don't think the issue relates to spacewalk or the nightly
build, however I'm hoping someone else has already found a fix.

I seem to get stuck on a cache, either the cache on my proxy or an
upstream cache.

I know the latest nightly version is available because I can see it in
both my browsers and a wget from my server ( I get the correctly
versioned rpms)

[root at space12 spacewalk-0.8.37-1]# wget --spider
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate-f12/x86_64/os/space
walk-backend-0.8.37-1.fc12.noarch.rpm
Spider mode enabled. Check if remote file exists.
--2010-01-27 16:23:06--
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate-f12/x86_64/os/space
walk-backend-0.8.37-1.fc12.noarch.rpm
Connecting to 10.44.79.227:3000... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 112728 (110K) [application/x-redhat-package-manager]
Remote file exists.

However yum refuses to play ball:
[root at space12 spacewalk-0.8.37-1]# yum list spacewalk-backend
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
spacewalk-backend.noarch
0.8.35-1.fc12
spacewalk
[root at space12 spacewalk-0.8.37-1]#

I then cleaned (and even removed) the spacewalk repo cache and then
removed the entire dir "/var/cache/yum/x86_64/12/spacewalk"

I then tried to force a cache refresh using wget:
 wget -r -l 2 --cache=off --no-cache --header="Pragma: no-cache"
--header="Cache-Control: no-cache" --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U;
Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092416 Firefox/3.0.3"
http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate-f12/x86_64/os

Could this be an issue with the "repomd.xml" file? I used wget to pull
down the file and I also downloaded it via my browser.....the files are
identical....repomd.xml is also identical if I let yum download it.

Whilst typing this email, I thought about doing a select on the
primary.sqlite db and it doesn't know about the new 0.8.37-1 nightly
build?

sqlite> select * from packages where name like 'spacewalk-backend'
   ...> ;
19|08a936beffe28571c0ac1936e5c39ec04bf0e558|spacewalk-backend|noarch|0.8
.35|0|1.fc12|Common programs needed to be installed on the Spacewalk
servers/proxies|Generic program files needed by the Spacewalk server
machines.
This package includes the common code required by all
servers/proxies.|https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk|1264084267|126408425
8|GPLv2|Koji|Applications/Internet|localhost|spacewalk-backend-0.8.35-1.
fc12.src.rpm|280|54616|Koji|112420|221377|230516|spacewalk-backend-0.8.3
5-1.fc12.noarch.rpm||sha
sqlite>

Any ideas?

Bruce Bushby
Unix Engineering
Technology Group
Desk: +44 (0) 207 144 3903
Mobile: +44 (0) 7887711769

 Please consider the environment before printing this email or its attachments.
The contents of this email are for the named addressees only.  It contains information which may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, destroy this email and any attachments and do not otherwise disclose or use them. Email transmission is not a secure method of communication and Man Investments cannot accept responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments. Whilst Man Investments makes every effort to keep its network free from viruses, it does not accept responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email or any attachments. This email does not constitute a request, offer, recommendation or solicitation of any kind to buy, subscribe, sell or redeem any investment instruments or to perform other such transactions of any kind. Man Investments reserves the right to monitor, record and retain all electronic communications through its network to ensure the integrity of its systems, for record keeping and regulatory purposes.
Visit us at: www.maninvestments.com
TG0908