[Spacewalk-list] Migrating from local XE instance to remote database

Coy Hile Coy.Hile at COYHILE.COM
Tue Jul 20 02:07:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've managed to dump my data from the local XE instance to a new database (and the oracle box is listening on the relevant ports).  I'm currently running spacewalk 0.8; what do I have to change in the RHN config so that things will Just Work(tm) and point at that new database?

I've updated the following:

default_db = user/pass at SID

db_user = user
db_password = pass

hibernate.connection.username = user
hibernate.connection.password = pass

I've also updated the line

hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracle.server.fqdn:1521:SID

Is there something I'm missing?  I noticed that rhn-satellite start still starts the local Oracle XE Instance.

Note that tsnames.ora is configured appropriately, and sqlplus user/pass at SID logs me in successfully.

thanks in advance,

--
Coy Hile