[Spacewalk-list] Migrating from local XE instance to remote database

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jul 20 14:09:39 UTC 2010

Coy Hile wrote:
% It looks good now.
%
% As an aside, work is using satellite 5.3 with the embedded oracle
% option.  Will the same edits work there if I can convince the satellie
% admin to stuff the rhnsat DB onto one of our DBAs' clusters?

Yes.

% Let me ask one more question -- say I want to migrate from the
% oracle-instant-client for 10.2.0.4 to a full-on oracle client; what do
% I have to change to point it at those libraries?  I ask because I'll

Well, don't do that. Spacewalk is compiled against instantclient and
the change might broke it in many places. Moreover Spacewalk will not
benefit from full client vs. instant client.

% likely have to do that anyhow should I move from 10gR2 to 11gR2 at
% some point...

If you really like full client (10g or 11g) installed choose another
directory and let it coexistence with instantclient.

% Thanks,
%
% -Coy

Michael Mráka