[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy rename

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 12:10:46 UTC 2010

Got an oddity hoping someone has a bright idea on...

Needed to rename one of our spacewalk proxies so carried out the following:

[admin at spacewalkproxy ~]$ rhn-proxy-activate -s
spacewalk.entertainment.bskyb.com --deactivate
[admin at spacewalkproxy ~]$ rpm -e
rhn-org-httpd-ssl-key-pair-spacewalkproxya.entertainment-1.0-15

change network settings to reflect new hostname and reboot

configure-proxy.sh
rhn-profile-sync

Change system name in spacewalk to reflect the new host name

Changing the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file on a client connecting
through the proxy to the new name and then doing service osad restart,
rhn-profile-sync and yum update all work fine and the proxy appears to
be functioning properly....

On spacewalk itself if I go to a system that connects through the
proxy however the connection tab (that is meant to auto-update
depending on the path of the connection) shows the old system name and
not the new one... clicking on it takes it through the the right
systemid with the right system name, hostname etc....

Looking at the oracle database the proxy lists look like they go by
systemid (which would make sense)... so where does that get resolved
into a name for the connection path screen? What have I missed out?

It;s not a big problem for me... but the non system technical
colleagues of mine will no doubt get confused if teh connection path
is through a system that no longer exists as a hostname....

James