[Spacewalk-list] Disable repos

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 14:31:26 UTC 2010

On 28 July 2010 14:25, Chad Pritchett <chad.pritchett at murraystate.edu> wrote:
> Do I need to explicitly disable the repo configs in /etc/yum.repos.d/ after
> I register a machine or does that process override anything there?
> Thanks,
> --
> Chad Pritchett
> Linux Systems Administrator
>
> Murray State University

Explicitly disable - and you will want to do it before the system gets
registered if you push packages on registration to prevent connections
output to the public repos in addition to your own spacewalk
channels....

As an example I have a no chroot post script that says this:

%post
for i in `ls /etc/yum.repos.d`;
do mv /etc/yum.repos.d/$i /etc/yum.repos.d/$i.disabled;
done

The reason for the no chroot and starting %post is so that it occurs
in the chrooted environment as a post script but before rhnreg_ks gets
called.....