[Spacewalk-list] Duplicates and Reactivation (solved)

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Jul 29 01:12:02 UTC 2010

Tom Brown wrote:

>> I tried this script, and also converted it to Python just for fun.
>> Using both versions, I get the following error message:
>>
>> xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -23: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: You do not
>> have permissions to perform this action.'>
>>
>> The message in the server log is similar:
>>
>> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: You do not have permissions to perform
>> this action.
>>     at
>> com.redhat.rhn.frontend.xmlrpc.BaseHandler.invoke(BaseHandler.java:124)
>>     at
>> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher.dispatch(XmlRpcDispatcher.java:123)
>>         ... (error continues)
>>
>> This is when obtainReactivationKey is called.  The call to
>> list_user_systems is successful.
>>
>> Can anyone help me understand what this error is telling me?  The user
>> I'm using to access the API has all permissions enabled.
>>

> i dont suppose you can share your python script can you as i am having
> issues going via a proxy with the perl one and i am trying to narrow
> down where the issue is.
>
> many thanks

So,
the duplicate profile work is mostly complete. If your using nightlies
you already have it.

You can also use the spacecmd - report_duplicates function.

The proposed solution within Spacewalk was a pre/post scripting to
preserve systemid over registrations (one of the initial commits):

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d352f5e826a5c1f96346672d543d7cff8b01799

We then also made enhancements in the UI to allow for easy
identification of duplicate systems by hostname, IP or MAC(?pretty sure
mac) to then allow you to delete systems easily to clean up any cruft
that is not resolved by our usage the kickstart environment.

Cliff.