[Spacewalk-list] Forgotten Password

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Fri Jul 30 19:14:41 UTC 2010

Jason Edwards wrote:
> A while back I setup a demo server so I could figure out what it would
> take to get Spacewalk running in my environment, naturally I have
> forgotten the password, and I can't figure out how to reset it.
>
> I did some Googling and found someone asked this question on this list
> in Nov. 2008, and was directed to this script:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/scripts/user-accounts
>
> The problem is it doesn't seem to be around anymore. I've done various
> searches in the wiki, but I can't seem to find anywhere where it talks
> about a forgotten password.
>
> Could some be so kind as to point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

This is now part of the standard Spacewalk installation, within
spacewalk-backend-tools.

satwho combined with satpasswd will achive a listing then allow for
resetting of passwords.

Cliff

$ rpm -qpl spacewalk-backend-tools-1.0.4-1.fc12.noarch.rpm | egrep -i
'bin|man'
/usr/bin/rhn-charsets
/usr/bin/rhn-db-stats
/usr/bin/rhn-satellite-activate
/usr/bin/rhn-satellite-exporter
/usr/bin/rhn-schema-stats
/usr/bin/rhn-schema-version
/usr/bin/rhn-ssl-dbstore
/usr/bin/satellite-sync
/usr/bin/satpasswd
/usr/bin/satwho
/usr/bin/spacewalk-debug
/usr/bin/spacewalk-remove-channel
/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync
/usr/bin/update-packages
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-charsets.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-db-stats.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-satellite-activate.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-satellite-exporter.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-schema-stats.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-schema-version.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/rhn-ssl-dbstore.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/satellite-sync.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/satpasswd.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/satwho.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/spacewalk-debug.8.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/spacewalk-remove-channel.8.gz
$