[Spacewalk-list] API error for older clients after upgrades

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 1 11:58:34 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 12:18 PM, Will Cladek wrote:
>> Is there any way you could get a raw dump of the data returned?  Is it
>> valid XML?
>
> Not that I'm aware of, as the program simply crashed from running that line.  Is there another way to access the XML that would be returned by that API call?
>
> -Will

The python stack has a nifty debugging switch you can turn on that
prints out all the XML - maybe the perl stack does too.  Other than
that, I would use tcpdump or wireshark while making sure the connection
was not over SSL - as long, of course, as the connection between client
and server wasn't able to be eavesdropped on.  Personally, I edit
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date on the spacewalk server and change the https
from http on the serverURL line, and then run the scripts over loopback
while running a packet-capture program.

Hope to help,

Josh