[Spacewalk-list] Channel issue - 1.0

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Thu Jun 3 14:18:31 UTC 2010

> I have a situation where we have some channels that contain internal
> rpm's - These channels need to be available to both our RHEL and
> CentOS kickstart profiles.
>
> The question is how can i have a channel that is available to more
> than 1 kickstart profile as if i create them as childs of the base
> then they are not available to others?

i should probably state that this might not be an error - it might be
my misunderstanding how channels are shared (or not) between distros.

If i were doing this in pure cobbler then i'd just do the cobbler
distro edit --name=foo --repos='1 2 3 4'

But it seems this is not the way to go here as 'channels' are not seen
as repos by cobbler under the hood.

/ME confused