[Spacewalk-list] rhnpush return Unexpected RPM package type

Oscar Pin Niebla oscarpin.freelance at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:38:34 UTC 2010

Hello.

Last week I've instaled spacewalk on red hat 5 and oracle-xe following the
official guide.

Now, when I run:

rhnpush --channel=canal10 --server=http://localhost/APP /opt/download/yum-*
-vvv --username=spaceadmin --password=spaceadmin --tolerant --nosig --source
--no-session-caching

I have this message error:

Connecting to http://localhost/APP
url is http://localhost/PACKAGE-PUSH
Result codes: 200 OK
Computing checksum and package Info .This may take sometime ...
Package /opt/download/yum-utils-1.1.
10-9.el5.noarch.rpm Not Found on RHN Server -- Uploading
Uploading package /opt/download/yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el5.noarch.rpm
Unexpected RPM package type
Waiting 3 seconds and trying again...

But if I run it whith --extended-test no errors are showed:

Setting force flag:  Passed
Setting the org:    Passed
Setting the URL:    Passed
Setting the channels:  Passed
Setting the username and password:    Passed
Connecting to http://localhost/APP
Setting the server:  Passed
Testing connection and authentication:   Passed
Testing access to upload functionality on server:    Passed
The files that would have been pushed:
/opt/download/yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el5.noarch.rpm
/opt/download/yum-utils-1.1.16-13.el5.noarch.rpm
/opt/download/yum-utils-1.1.16-1.src.rpm

The following files also show errors:

no errors in file message
no errors in file alert of database
no errors in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
no errors in /var/log/rhn/rhn_upload_package_push.log

The file OS command for *yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el5.noarch.rpm*
return: *yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el5.noarch.rpm: RPM v3 bin
yum-utils-1.1.10-9.el5*
and the rpm program can install it whithout problems

I don't understand why rhnpush can't recognize the RPM file.
I have this problems with all RPM files (EPEL, Oracle,...)

Many thaks for your help.

Oscar Pin
IT Freelance

--
La legislación española ampara el secreto de las comunicaciones. Este correo
electrónico es estrictamente confidencial y va dirigido exclusivamente a su

Spanish law guarantees privacy in electronic communications. This electronic
transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, you are kindly requested not to
disclose not to copy this transmission and to notify us as soon as possible.

Antes de imprimir este documento piensa en tu responsabilidad y compromiso
con el MEDIO AMBIENTE.