[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk and Puppet integration

James Tanner jtanner at redhat.com
Thu Jun 17 21:47:38 UTC 2010

> Full GUI wrapper to puppet (do something like we did with
> cobbler)? Expose in UI certain things?

The current wrapper hides too much of cobbler's functionality and is not documented. Plus, the terminologies are difficult to correlate ... distro versus tree, kickstart file versus kickstart profile, system record versus bare metal.

> provide pre-canned scripts to integrate the two?

I would like this much more as it provides the possibility to customize programmatically instead of point-click.