[Spacewalk-list] Some systems not showing updates on System Overview

Mario Mikocevic mario.mikocevic at t-com.hr
Fri Jun 18 14:09:02 UTC 2010

Heya,

> Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
> I'm running into a problem where a few of my systems are not showing that
> updates are available on the System Overview.  I have tried running
> rhn-profile-sync, but this seems to have had no effect.  Running a yum
> update, however, does download and install all available updates.

I'm seeing the very same problem.

I have setup with two channels, base and updates, both are repo synched with
cron.daily script running /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync.
Sync goes fine every day and repodata looks good.
Only in WebUI on the System Overview I see no change, it still shows all
systems as a ok, not a single warning even though repo sync got
several new packages. And yes, running yum update on client *or* scheduling an
update from WebUI does update relevant rpm packages.

One *VERY* interesting tidbit - if I select particular system that does not
show available packages and select `Alter Channel Subscriptions`
submenu then at that point unselect channel, confirm it, and *select* it back
and confirm, packages *does* show on the System Overview now.
But only for that particular system and no, selecting several systems and
using SSM does not work.

> Any idea what I'm missing?

I'd like to know that too or at least point us where to look for errors, logs
or smthng.

--
T-Com
Odjel za upravljanje mrežom i uslužnim platformama /