[Spacewalk-list] Rename 'Spacewalk Default Organization'

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 13:33:45 UTC 2010

On 6/30/10 10:03 AM, Coy Hile wrote:

>> You have to create your own certificate with a name you like, sign it
>> and reactivate spacewalk server with the certificate.
>>
>>   https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation
>>
> Let me ask a somewhat tangential question.  Are the Spacewalk certificates and the certificate used for the webserver itself one in the same?  I'd like to use a different certificate (signed by my internal CA) for the webserver if possible so that I don't have to deal with $BROWSER either giving warnings or having stupid exceptions to maintain.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -c

Hey Coy,

No, those are two different certificates.  You are referring to the SSL
certificates needing to be regenerated, but what Michael is referring to
is the entitlement certificate, which tells spacewalk/satellite what
entitlements it has.  We provide a default entitlement cert that is
installed at setup time which provides spacewalk with a set number of
entitlements.   You'll want to look into generating and installing a new
ssl certificate for apache.

-Justin